Pages

Tuesday 6 February 2018

EARLY MORNING AT MENDIP GOLF CLUB!



Yesterday was my first early morning walk this year!  A combination of wet, cold, weather, and friends who have been away or had commitments, meant that I haven't had the motivation for a walk before!  Now, however, I have been wearing a pedometer to see what exercise I am actually getting. This has made me decide that I do indeed need to increase my movement, for all sorts of health benefits!

So, when I was asked to drive my husband up to the golf club so he could walk around with his golfing buddy, I joined them for the walk, just as the sun was rising. The reason I had to drive was that my husband had just had cataract surgery and was missing his early morning rounds!  


A couple of incidents with cameras has resulted in me having a new one that can survive my rough treatment!  I chose the Olympus Tough 5 which can be dropped without ill effect, is fully waterproof and can take pics underwater.  As wild swimming is one of my major activities this will be a bonus...

This camera is also good for close-ups, so I did some practice shots, as demonstrated above.  Even on a cold, frosty February morning there were signs of wildflowers on the golf course. 


We were at the Mendip Golf course, which is high up and has superb views.  You can see for miles and miles...


No comments:

Post a Comment