Pages

Friday 27 January 2017

LOOKING FOR SIGNS OF SPRING!


I was walking on my own today.  It was dreary and cold but there wasn't a frost. Plenty of mud, but in some places the ground and paths were still frozen and icy underneath, so I had to step carefully on the pavements.  However, by the end of the walk there was weak sunshine... 


Visually, this is not the best time of year for gardens - mine is looking a mess! However, when looking into other people's gardens for signs of Spring, it was heartening to see the fresh green shoots of spring bulbs and the occasional bright splash of colour.  I saw a couple of misplaced gloves - pictured above.  It is so annoying to lose one of a pair.  I am frequently doing that with earrings and it makes me mad!

One of our favourite front gardens seems to have acquired a new structure - see above.  It will be interesting to see how it gets incorporated into their garden design...

  
On my way home I passed the allotments and there were a few signs of activity...


No comments:

Post a Comment