Pages

Friday 20 January 2017

GREAT TO BE OUT IN THE FRESH AIR!

Today was my first early morning walk of the New Year!  My excuse is that I haven't, until recently, felt fit enough after my bout of sickness at Christmas time.  It has also been cold, dark, damp and murky!  Now, however, it is getting lighter and the weather is drier - still very cold, but the Winter sunshine makes up for it!  Today I saw the beautiful sunrise casting a golden glow over the sculptural shapes of the bare trees and heard the crunch of boots on frozen ground...


My previous lack of motivation was given a boost today, as I arranged to meet Miriam at 7.30am.  We walked through the park into town, where the market was setting up. I bought some lovely fresh fish at the fish stall for supper tonight.  We then walked up past the cemetery, and onto the top of the meadows over to a lane that led down to Bowlish, before heading home.  It was really great to have company and be striding out in the fresh air... 


At Bowlish, I showed Miriam some of the lovely old properties in this area, including Bowlish House - the hotel and restaurant, (see largest pic below) and Old Bowlish House (the house with the pale blue front door), which is one of my favourite houses in Shepton.

Jenny and I have had a history lesson, tour and tea at Old Bowlish House in September 2015 - written up in a previous post (press on the label below).  


Today, I saw my first Spring flowers of the year - some snowdrops.  I have been doing a lot of artwork featuring them, as in Shepton we are having a Snowdrop Festival in February, which I will be talking about in future posts...


No comments:

Post a Comment