Pages

Friday 8 July 2016

FLOWERS IN THE HIGH STREET!

Unfortunately no walk at all this week! I suddenly developed a summer cold and Jenny had visitors.  I will get back on track next week, as I have really missed the walks and a chance to catch up on the latest news...



A few weeks ago (3rd June post),  I mentioned that I was making a sign for my friend Dawn's new venture, Avocado and Pink.  The good news is that it is now finished, (see above right), and the home grown or locally sourced, flower business is open!  The colours and scents of her hand tied arrangements, which are sold in jam jars or vintage vases, are amazing.  She is also taking orders for bouquets and flowers for weddings and other special occasions...



The photos above show the interior of Avocado and Pink, which has been set up in an area downstairs in the premises occupied by Custard Pudding, the tearoom and art gallery, that she opened nearly a year ago.  It is great to have more new businesses in the High Street and it gives us more to see when window shopping on our early morning walks... 



No comments:

Post a Comment