Pages

Friday 9 March 2018

ON THE GOLF COURSE!


This morning I had another walk around Mendip Golf Course.  Last time it was the first nine holes, but this time, for a change, I went around the last nine holes accompanied by my playing husband, whose mates had deserted him!


I was last there about the month ago and what a difference to the light!  Last time it was still quite dark when we arrived but now it is so much lighter that the ground staff arrive at 6am to begin work.  We were the first out and we saw various ground work activities taking place in preparation for the day ahead. 


On this side of the course is a lake, which has visitors in the form of breeding pairs of Canadian Geese.  I tried to get close enough to a couple of them to take their photograph but they weren't keen!   Every year they start producing young and they are not popular with the golfers.  They are big birds that produce a lot of waste matter, mostly on the fairways...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment