Pages

Thursday 23 November 2017

STRUGGLING TO ADAPT TO MY SLR CAMERA!


This is actually a report on yesterday's walk, as I had problems with my Nikon dslr camera.  There was nothing wrong with the camera, it was the operator!  I had been using a compact digital camera for so long, that I had forgotten that you have a proper view finder with this camera, not just a live screen.  I am surprised I managed any photographs, as I was just pointing and clicking!

When I got home, I had to look out the manual and idiots guide so that I can begin to operate it properly again!  Hopefully, future photographs will be better, although I do find the camera much bigger, heavier and more complicated to use.  It does hamper the walking, so I reckon I shall be back to a compact one soon...


It was a damp, grey morning with a lot of wind, but surprisingly warm.  There weren't many leaves left on the trees and it was muddy underfoot.  We walked to West Shepton and had a look at the Skate Park, complete with skate graffiti - see above right.  It is a great facility for the local skate boarders, which keeps them off the streets!

We were also interested to see the progress of some new industrial units that are being built - see above top left, and wondered what sort of businesses they would attract...


No comments:

Post a Comment