Pages

Wednesday 1 November 2017

POST HALLOWEEN MORNING!


Today was the first time I had left the house for days, as I have been suffering from a bad head cold.  It was so good to get into the fresh air and start walking!  Jenny and I went up to one of our favourite green spaces in Shepton - Barren Down.  It was looking decidedly Autumnal with the trees beginning to show their Winter silhouette.


We had a look up and down the High Street, particularly the bottom, which is actually called Town Street, and noted that some businesses had closed, but a few had started up.  There is a new Vintage shop right at the bottom which would be worth a visit but it doesn't open until much later in the morning!  That area of town is fast becoming quite a vintage/art/craft quarter...

Many of the windows were celebrating Halloween, which was last night.  I didn't have any 'trick or treat' callers - they have probably given up ringing the bell as I haven't answered it in previous years!  I am just not comfortable being confronted by youngsters and I don't like to encourage the eating of sweets!  The very young are fine, as they are accompanied by adults. Jenny said there was plenty of activity around her place!

We did however see some houses which positively encouraged callers.  The best doorway, was the one pictured on the left.  It was scary enough in the daylight so I can't imagine what it was like at night!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment