Pages

Wednesday 4 November 2015

SUPER SUNRISE


Today conditions were ideal for walking - shame we didn't have more time!  Saw a beautiful sunrise and came home with dry feet!  Although we didn't stray too far, we saw sheep and cows and tramped over fields.  On our way back we noticed a lot of building work going on - I expect they are working like mad before the Winter weather sets in.

On our way round we were passed twice by the same jogger accompanied by his two dogs - all getting plenty of exercise! You can see him in action in the pics - above, bottom right and below middle left.


We came back a different way around our estate and noticed a small children's playground that we didn't know existed (top right) and other parking areas, tucked away.  There is an extremely large tree, see below, which overlooks the back of Jenny's garden causing problems with shade, intrusive roots and tons and tons of fallen leaves.  What I had never realised, before photographing it, is the fact that it is actually two trees which have become so intertwined that they look like one!


I love my new machine, the Omega VSJ843 slow juicer - it is more efficient and easier to clean than my last one.  It also came with a free book - The Juice Generation by Eric Helms, which I have found inspiring;  so I am now juicing more than ever and am trying a greater variety of fruit and vegetables.  This morning I tried melon with a bit of pineapple, apples, mint, parsley and spinach.  Delicious !! The book which I have used for years is Superjuice by Michael van Straten.  I don't often follow the recipes exactly but it gives me ideas of interesting flavour combinations.  The book is clear and beautifully set out.  He also gives his juices great names, such as, wrinkle zapper, power pack, tropical revitaliser, prune-light express, waterfall, femme fatale and wake-up whammy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment